WTAS is the trading vehicle for Peter Worth and his associates.
Peter is a recognised authority on local government accounting. He is a CIPFA associate and a longstanding member of CIPFA’s Local Authority Accounting Panel and Pensions Advisory Network. He is also a member of the Pensions Research and Accounting Group.
Peter has contributed to a large number of professional publications, and has worked with central government on issues such as capital accounting, the Prudential Code and Fire and public sector pensions. He is an accomplished conference speaker and a highly skilled, in demand trainer. In 2000 he set up the Audit Commission’s first national advice team, establishing a model subsequently followed by accountancy firms and regulators across the UK.
Peter set up Worth Technical Accounting Solutions in 2012 to offer local government finance teams an accountancy and consultancy service tailored to individual need. The company is based on a firm ethos of solving problems rather than just pointing them out, and whilst there is no such thing as a “typical” project, Peter now has an established track record in:
- improving speed of closure and the quality of year end Statements of Accounts
- resolving complex accounting issues
- using accounting solutions to address budget pressures
- improving financial processes and debt collection arrangements.
Improvements are delivered through a hands on approach, working flexibly alongside the Chief Accountant as an integral part of the existing Finance team. Peter and his associates recognise that different strategies succeed in different circumstances and can deploy a wide range of techniques, depending on what proves most effective, for example:
- combining onsite accounts preparation work with training, coaching and mentoring
- developing bespoke tools and resources to improve financial processes
- providing accounting views, and suggested accounting entries to deal with complex accounting problems and successfully navigate Code/IFRS requirements.
Feedback on completed assignments is always extremely positive – see comments on “our clients” page – and references can be provided on request.